SAMMS started in 2003 as purely a Methadone accounting and dispensing system, but has since grown to much more than that. Dispensing Methadone and Buprenorphine is still at the heart of SAMMS and it offers dispensing nurses the ability to manage everything needed.
Key dispensing features:
- Supports both SciLog and Ivek pumps for liquid medication
- Accounts for all medication types, such as Methadone and Buprenorphine (Suboxone, Subutex, and generic Buprenorphine)
- Auto-calculates detoxifications and titrations based on starting dose, ending dose, amount to change dose by, and frequency to change dose
- Allows scheduling of future orders to account for non-standard detoxification/titration
- Supports daily in-clinic dosing, multiple pickups per week with take home doses, biweekly clinic visits, and monthly clinic visits
- Bulk pickups allow dispensing larger quantities of medication which is not divided by day
- Prepacked doses allowed for states which require a pharmacist, as well as for clinics who want to expedite dosing patients with larger take home orders
- Reduces error and raises user accountability through detailed reports that are customized to your requirements
- Aggregate and user grouped reporting allows you to identify problems or problem staff quickly
Contact SAMMS today to arrange a demo and to discuss how SAMMS can be customized to meet your organizations needs.